CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Its time to be DEBT free!

Maybe If I post this in some public forum it will give me even more drive to see it through. John and I have decided that this year is the year we will get ourselves completely out of credit card debt. Actually we have a five year plan to help us succeed in our financial goals. This year we are just focusing on credit card debt, next year we will be focusing on paying off our car.

I don,t feel like we have a ton of credit card debt, but the amount has grown over the years and we have more than i would like to, like to being zero lol. So right now I paid off one of my cards, one of the lower balances, but a card nonetheless and called and had the card shut down. I know this may negatively affect my credit for sometime, but I felt it was the best route. I do not need it anymore, actually I am appalled at how many credit cards I own, I have already decided to close a few..keeping one major and one minor for emergencies.

John and I need to learn to cut spending in areas that we spend to excess. John is an avid video gamer... and we just dont need all these gadgets.. and my kryptonite is kids clothes, I LOVE to shop for clothes for our kids.. So alas, I will cut back out of necessity! (They are running out of room in the closet!..which i already have plastic pull out bins at the bottom and double hanger rods)

We also need to eat out less...which we actually have been doing for awhile now..we jut have to keep it up. When I worked for that short time, we fell into a bad habit of eating out..but when I quit we have worked to getting back to eating at home.

And of course we have other goals for the next five years.. ; )

0 comments: