CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Home is where your heart is...

Isnt that the saying? Im not certain.

I dont think anyone really reads my blog, which sort of plays in my favor right now, because I feel like whining.

I want a house, BADLY.... But where we live its just not an option, home prices are extraordinarily expensive, even in bad areas. We get such great rent and live in a great school district, but I just cant seem to get rid of that feeling...I want to own a home.

But being an adult is knowing patience...all things come in time. John and I are working hard together to budget. We are paying down debts, hopefully soon all that will be left to tackle is the car loan and school loans..which is a lot, but it can be done. Then we can save our 3 - 6 months of an emergency fund. Then it will be time to save for a house.

I would love to be able to save 100 percent down, but that isnt likely. We will have to settle for a large down payment and a 15 year loan. Either way, its not happening for awhile.

On another note John should be graduating from school with his bachelors in about a year or so, not sure on the exact date because his school counselor hasnt returned his email yet.

The future holds so much for us, but at times its hard to wait. Today is one of those days.

0 comments: