CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Prayers please




Please pray for my grandma. She fell today and they think she broke her hip. My aunt and cousin live with her and she is able to do things herself, but she is older and stumbles easily nowadays. She is 87 years old. She has esophageal cancer and undergoes chemo for it, right now its stable, not any worse or better. Well today she was alone for a few short hours while some new furniture was being bought and brought over to her house. She fell and was able to get to the phone to call my dad and my aunts. They rushed over there and called an ambulance. They said she was in pain and the paramedics seem to think she might have broken her hip.





Update:
I went to visit her..she was tired, weak and a little out of it. She shattered her hip and now has to have hip surgery..either tonight or tomorrow. They are waiting for the surgeon to come speak to them. I know this surgery is likely to be very risky for her and im worried.

Update number 2:
My aunt arrived at the hospital today to find my grandma already in surgery! Grandma is out of surgery now and the doctor said it went well. Now she is on the road to recovery. She will be resting today and then at some point she will have to go to either the hospitals rehabilitation center or an elderly home to do her rehabilitation.. the doctor said that could last for at least a week. Im so thankful that my grandma is doing good. Please keep praying for a full and swift recovery.

0 comments: