CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

We're Back!

Well we drove up to Fresno to visit with my grandmother who was out here visiting from South Carolina. It went alright.. the beginning was a bit shaky but the end was great. My mom decided to carpool so we all went in her car. She sat in between the kids, I drove because john was unable to. He falls asleep easily on long distance drives at night plus he cant fit in the seat with the baby behind him..he is just too tall. The drive up went fine.

Aurora stayed awake for most of the drive...like an hour and a half past her normal bedtime. She finally fell asleep maybe 30 minutes to an hour before we arrived. So when we got there she was still sleepy and she had no clue where she was or who all the people were. So she flipped out. Just hiding in my arms while i held her and she screamed. We whisked her away into our room and got ready for bed. She and baby brother were both in their pjs already. I dressed them in them ahead of time.

We brushed her teeth. Read her a story and john began to lay her in the pack and play and it just wasnt going to happen. He didnt even lay her down and she flipped out. We took pity on her cause she was scared and let her sleep in the bed with me. John slept on the floor. The only problem is she isnt used to sleeping with someone, plus she was afraid so she would wake up every few minutes and touch my face and try to lay on me. Eventually the baby woke up and wanted to eat. John put aurora down in the pack and play. She didnt like that, but once she saw that he was going to sleep next to her on the floor she was okay. Johnny slept in the bed with me.

The next day we stuck around the house for most of the day. It was nice cause they gave us the master bedroom so we had our own bathroom. So we didnt have to wait for anyone to get the kiddos ready. The day started off rocky. I was watching the baby on and off most of the morning cause john was crabby from lack of sleep and his back hurt from sleeping on the floor. Anyways. He was chilling in the living room with my cousin kyle. Well my cousin Emily, who is only four. Kept letting Aurora out of the house without supervision and I had no clue.. There are three entrances in and out of the house. I was sitting at the one they use the most, but they kept going through the slider. Well Im sitting in the kitchen doing something, i cant even remember what.. and i hear screaming.. my child screaming.. and i was gone like a bat out of hell. running as fast as i could praying that my baby was okay. I fly past john still on his butt in the living room. Throw the slider open and rush to my great aunt carrying my screaming daughter. Telling me she fell off the ladder to the play house. I scoop her up in my arms. Feel her arms and legs for breaks.. Hug and rock her. My cousin Brandon comes out and says "Christine here" and i hand him aurora. He pulls up her back shirt where i couldnt see and there is a two inch by two inch scrape.. I whisk her off to the bedroom. Yank my first aid kit out of my diaper bag and fix my baby girl up. Poor thing. It looked so bad then, not so bad now. I felt so guilty that i hadnt been there to keep it from happening and that i had no clue she was outside.

Needless to say John and I followed her everywhere the rest of the weekend. If she was out of sight for a second we flew to find her. Which was prolly a good idea since thats how we caught the face that my little cousin was letting aurora outside. I saw aurora stand by the door, point out, my cousin open it up and start to let her go out before I told Aurora no.

Later in the afternoon we went to the mall with my cousin, his new baby girl and his ex. We had a blast just hanging out. His daughter is so adorable. She has the most beautiful lashes! It was the first time i was able to see her in person. We came home, they put pics on the little girls and took pics of them together. We got the kiddos fed, bathed, and put to bed like normal. Then played some cards with my grams and great aunt.

Later on the boys were watching pirates of the Caribbean and my grams was folding laundry. She calls me in and says to me"Christine i am so proud of you. Aurora is such a great little girl, she is so well behaved and that doesnt just happen. You are doing a good job" I was shocked but so grateful to have such validation as a parent, i only hope i can continue to live up to such praise. Aurora isnt perfect, but she is well behaved and well disciplined. My cousin mentioned how he loved that i discipline so well and consistent.

Later on we went to bed..slept forever.. John on the floor again. I missed him. Woke up, ate, got the kiddos ready and headed off for home. We had planned on visiting the zoo up there, but the weather wasnt permitting, So we changed our plans. We visited the LA zoo once we got closer to home. We had a freaking blast! Drove on home and the kiddos were beat. We fed them and put them down for a nap. Our washing machine is on the fritz..its an apartment complex one and someone used soap that they werent supposed to in the front loader and now it doesnt work. So I had to drive over to my aunts to clean my cloth diapers. I dont have enough disposables to go without them and honestly i dont want to use disposables.

Anyways Ive got tons of pics to upload, but for some reason the computer isnt acting right..so those will be up as soon as possible.

0 comments: