CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

The beach!




We went down to the beach today. Its about a forty mile round trip... We parked, paid 10 bucks for parking.. thinking about getting a seasonal pass, cause we love the beach. This was pumpkins first trip. We got there, unpacked, weren't a whole lot of people there.. There were people, but nothing like a weekend. We put our stuff down, pumpkin was loving it. Got her changed into her swim suit and rubbed down with sun screen. Then john and i headed into the water with pumpkin.. she was talking and giggling and having a blast. She loved it.. We each took turns playing with her in the water. Her grandpa came down and held her. So john and i went out into the water together. Pumpkin and grandpa watched for a little while and then went up to the blanket to watch the water and the people.


The ocean was great.. John and i splashed around. I got totally knocked on my butt by a wave.. completely underwater. I freaked john and dad out a bit..lol.. The first thing i grabbed when i went under was my sunglasses! They were saved the disaster of being swept out to sea.. very proud of myself for that..lol. Then i got back up. We were still standing around.. Then some brat kid decided to boogie board with his friend like two feet in front of us. So he comes tearing towards us (like i said, beach was not packed and he was literally right in front of us and i can assure you that we were there first) and he says "watch out", yeah stupid where am i supposed to go, my husbands to one side.. if i go back you'll still hit me and if i go left you'll still hit me... so yeah, he hit me... i tried to push him out of the way and still got knocked down..he literally ran right into me! He didn't even say sorry. I was livid.. Then him and his little friend continued to play in the area, so i made it very clear that his behavior was unacceptable, i hope he overheard.. brat! UGH.. I told john that if he came towards us again that he was to knock him right out of the way, kid or not, i don't need him knocking my pregnant butt down again!


I was leery of getting knocked down again.. my leg hurt a bit from when he hit me with his body and boogie board, so i kinda steered us a little to the left, since the kid was obviously not moving.. Oh well. I didn't let it ruin my fun.. We just ignored them and kept splashing about for a little while and then went up to play with pumpkin. We dried off a bit and then i sat down. I told dad, who obviously hadn't seen, all about the fiasco with the kid... Very loudly i might add.. hoping his parents were in ear shot... so they could control their brat.. (I'm telling you.. he was right in front of us.. he came out to boogie board and decided to do it right in front of us..) John kept trying to keep me from being too loud because apparently his parents were right next to us, i don't know how john could tell.


Anyways. I got pumpkin changed out of her bathing suit and into her clothes. Tried to get as much sand off her hiney as possible. Then gave her some snacks. John, dad and i had some sandwiches i had made. Then we packed up and went back to the car. We would have stayed longer but aurora was very exhausted and it was her nap time. Dad and aurora waited in the car while john and i showered off and then changed our clothes. Then we went on our way home.


Oh and i almost forgot one of the best parts of the day.. there were dolphins! I tried to get a pic as best i could, but only ended up getting a tiny bit of their fin in the pic.. There was a group of them, pretty darn close to the beach.. and they were playing and jumping fully out of the water. It was an awesome sight. The lifeguard boat even came out and sat aways from them.. I'm thinking to keep any idiots from trying to approach the dolphins..they were really close.

0 comments: