CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Some good and some bad news

So i had my prenatal today. They went over the results of my big ultrasound. Went in.. did my weight.. so far weight gain is 0 pounds. They arnt concerned because they would like me to keep it under 15. Then urine.... which..lets just say i need to drink more water..lol.. Then she said that the ultrasound showed that the baby was measuring on time, looking great, looking healthy, saw everything they needed to. So basically, he looked great. So then she used the doppler to find the heartbeat. He was squirming all over the place. She got the heartbeat, good and strong.. Then she said there is something i need to tell you....

She went on to explain that my placenta has implanted lower than normal.. That it will probably just fix itself as i get farther along, however that in some rare instances there is a chance that it will grow over the cervix. That if that happens and i start to dilate it can cause the placenta to tear away from the uterine wall an cause bleeding, so if i have any bleeding then i need to go into labor and delivery right away. She said that my placenta is low but no where near my cervix right now and is not touching it in any way. She said she has full belief that it will just correct itself as the pregnancy continues. So then i asked what the chances of c-sections are with this and she said that if it does grow over the cervix then I will have to have a c-section. But again assured me that she thinks all will go well. She also informed me that because of this they will be doing an ultrasound again at 32 weeks, to check on the condition of things. Im pretty worried about it. I really want to avoid a c-section.. i had no birthing problems with aurora and i would liked to have a great experience like i did last time. And being anemic, i do not want to be cut!

0 comments: