CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Maternity Pic Fiasco....


So Yesterday i had an appointment scheduled to get maternity pics done at sears. I chose sears for two reasons: 1) because the photographer there is someone I personally know and thought i would feel more comfortable exposing my plus size pregnant body to and 2) because the place i really love is really expensive and well i would have to shoot the pics with a stranger....

Well Yesterday I got ready, Got aurora ready, dad was ready to go...even though his back was killing him..poor guy. And we went to the polls first.. just so we could get that done..well yeah..line was out the door, so we left without voting. Went to get my Make Up done at MAC.. which i loved and i will share a pic of.. And then off to sears..we didnt have time in between to hit the polling place.. So went to sears..showed her all my pic ideas..since they really dont do that kinda stuff..and she made some great attempts..and at the end she showed me a quick view of the pics..and yeah..i was worried i wasnt going to like them very much... They werent really what i was looking for. Well she put them on file and then we would see all the finished photos friday night when John comes back to take pics with me, with a stranger, because my friend doesnt work any hours where john can come in..

So then we went and voted. And after that went home. I started getting upset, all crazy preggo lady..that i just didnt go to the original place i wanted.. Soooo I got johns okay to go down there after work and get pics done there.. Instead of going back to sears on Friday..which i saw as waste of time and money because they werent going to do what we wanted anyways and I would have to get my make up done again to match the first set of pics..and that would cost extra money (and time...) Plus i would have to take pics with a stranger anyways.. And on top of all that. We have tentative plans to go out to dinner with family, one of whom just got back from a long deployment!

So we went down there.. Took pics and man do they know what they are doing down there! Im still kinda iffy about the end result..not because of them.. i know they take great shots and they did, but i dont know if I will be comfortable sharing pics of my plus size belly with everyone online.. we will see.. There is at least one pic that i am going to share. We pick those pics up on Sat. Not only that, but the photographer was a plus sized female too.. which i was very happy about because honestly i felt more comfortable around her... We didnt get home until late and they were on the kinda expensive side.. But worth it in every way! From them we are getting a bare belly shot with the whole family, one of john hugging my belly, one of me in a sheet-dont know how to explain it but its my fave, and one more in a sheet.... Im excited to see the end result...nervous but excited..

I also need to call sears and set up a time to come look at the pics i already took there.. I might still buy some there..she did take a few of just aurora and I and I might want those..

So anyways.. my day was fairly hectic... I sorta feel guilty for spending that much money on myself or on something i wanted.. but i guess once in awhile doesnt hurt...

Though John and I decided we arnt buying each other much for Christmas.. he got his super spiffy phone and i got my maternity pics, both were very expensive and we dont need anything else.... Christmas is about the kids and i think thats a tradition id like to start.

0 comments: