CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

UGH....

People seriously need to learn how to respect our decisions...

John and I have decided to keep a close watch on what our daughter eats..we both come from overweight households... we both know how easy it is to gain the weight and how hard it is to lose it. We both struggle with our weight and we both know that a child has better chances of beating obesity when they learn the right way to eat as a child...

With that in mind..we keep aurora away from a lot of sugar... she doesnt have cookies, she doesnt have ice cream, no soda (which i think is horrible when someone gives that to a toddler...), little to no juice (maybe and i mean MAYBE once a month will she get watered down juice), no french fries, no fast food, no pizza...etc.. These rules can be bent for special occasions..like some cake for her first bday party, but even then the effects of the sugar...she was off the freaking wall for awhile...

Well today I took our daughter over to my cousins sons 2nd bday party..They were having pizza..i had given aurora a snack of raisins beforehand..so for a long while she played and was completely distracted..Then she noticed my aunt was eating pizza..and she went over to her...and I was like two feet behind her telling her NO PIZZA... Well my aunt said mommy says no, my other aunt said whats wrong...and Aunt number 1 said that I had said no pizza and i was watching like a hawk.

Well somehow a piece of the bread (thats what they say..i thought it was sausage...either way i was upset) gets broken off and my daughter begins to eat it.. yeah i know how it got broken off... my aunt broke it off for her.. and i grabbed my child..took the bread out of her mouth and whisked her away... She is 1..she doesnt need pizza...no part of the pizza at all... So she is crying and crying..her little heart is broken.. So i took her outside..because im not going to let her continue to scream during the party..We play around in the front yard.. i chase her, she chases me, i tickle her..etc..she was having a good time.. So i bring her back inside and give her some snacks and a sippy of water.. She sits and eats happily in her grandpas lap..

Then its getting time for her to eat her lunch.. i have my dad microwave it.. (After the entire party was over he said that he didnt want to tell me then, but the microwave was disgusting...wonderful...) And I fed her.. Then she played a bit..and then they did cake.. we stayed for the singing and then left when they began to eat it..

Originally i had planned on letting her eat a little, but at this point i was just over the whole party thing and i knew my husband wouldnt like her having the cake anyways.. and it was nap time and it would only make her hyper.. So we left and as we were leaving what does my aunt give my daughter..an animal cookie and hands two more to my dad.. I let her have the cookie, but the other two got tossed....

Gee i wish my husband wasnt working today..he does much better at making people understand that this is our child and we decide what she eats..

And not only that, but this isnt the first time they have fed her crap.. they do it all the time when im not around... I hear about it later...

I dont care if they think im the sugar nazi... She is my child!

0 comments: