CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

3 years

Today we celebrated our third wedding anniversary. We went with the traditional gift, which i think we will be doing from now on out.. i think its cute. Anyways. We slept in, thanks to my dad who took aurora for us for most of the day. We exchanged gifts. I got him a pair of leather shoes and he got me a beautiful leather bound copy of all the Jane Austin novels. And we each got each other some really cute cards. Then we spent some time just sitting around the house, not doing much. Some time with aurora. Then we headed off to Jo'Anns the fabric store. I wanted to get a new needle for the sewing machine and some other odds and ends. Plus find some fabric for curtains for the babies room. Well we didn't have any luck with the fabric but the woman suggested trying a Jo'Anns a bit farther away that had a larger selection. So we drove there. I did pick some fabric out. Its gingham.. i got it in lavender and blue. I'm working up a design in my head for the curtains. They are special order though they were half off. Even with that they were really expensive. I feel sorta guilty buying them.. I keep thinking, we could save that money.





Then we came home and got dressed for my surprise dinner. John made reservations at a local french restaurant to surprise me. He knew i wanted to go there and that it would be perfect for our anniversary because its very fancy. Its called La Vie en Rose. It was very nice (and expensive..lol). I had escargots (yes i ate snails!), Rack of lamb, and got a slice of chocolate cake (which i took home) and also shared a raspberry souffle with john. John got a three different ravioli starter dish, buffalo rib eye and the raspberry souffle. We just drank water. Though towards the end i asked for ice tea and it was good, like tropical.. though to our surprise that tea cost us 4.75! lol... oh well. It was all worth it. Though again, i felt a little guilty for spending the money, even though we have it to spend.





Then we came home. Dad was just bathing aurora. So we were able to put her to bed like normal. She is such a little walker now! I cant believe it, she wants to walk everywhere. She walks to and from places, switches directions midway through with no assistance, carries things, etc... its so much fun to watch.





Its been a great three years and i now we have so many more to look forward to. In the last three years we were married, we got our own apartment, became pregnant three times (one miscarriage, aurora, and this new baby), lost one family member (Johns grandfather passed away a little over a year ago), bought a new car (our first car payment ever!), watched our daughter grow month after month.





Our life has its ups and downs, more ups than downs i like to think. I cant imagine it any other way... There is no way i could be without my husband and my daughter.. they are so much a part of me.





Oh and i have pictures to share, this is us before we headed out for our anniversary dinner.






27weeks6days : )



Our little family : )



So this is love.. : )

2 comments:

Lacey + 2 said...

every time i read your blogs i get really jealous. it makes me kinda sad. heh.

chris has always wanted to take me to that french place..i dont think we ever will though.
how much does it cost to go there?

happy late anniversary :)

My life said...

Thanks.

I hate that you feel that way : ( I dont want you feeling jealous, but i can understand it. I feel that way about other people sometimes too.

I had been asking john to take me there for the last three years and i never thought he actually would. That being said i dont know if we will actually go there again, not for a long time at least. It was really really expensive! It was good and all, but i kinda felt out of place in such a fancy place.

Anyways. It cost us 124 bucks..BUT we ordered a starter, a meal, and deserts.. But you can do that with this like meal deal thing they have, but its still 39 dollars a person for the meal deal thing.