CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dr. Appointment

So I had a prenatal yesterday, I didnt have time to update everyone..

My blood pressure was great. Last time it had been a little high, but thats because i had been stressing and rushing to get to my appointment ontime.

Did my urine as always.. which was fine.

I gained 13 pounds! Yes you read that right, 13! I hadnt gained anything during this pregnancy, so they werent too concerned. I actually mentioned it to them and she said to just watch what i eat and exercise, but it wasnt too big of a deal since my total weight gain is 13 pounds.

She measured my uterus.. said im measuring perfect, 27weeks (im 26weeks and 5days pregnant today)

Then she did the heartbeat.. 140's

I hadnt seen this midwife during this pregnancy yet, but she remembered me from my pregnancy with aurora. So we talked a bit about that.. And she asked what we were having and the name... I really like her a lot compared to the woman i was seeing this time around. Then we discussed the low lying placenta. I have to go in for another ultrasound between 28 and 32 weeks. I have a 3d we are getting done at 28weeks, so i think ill schedule the doc ultrasound at 32. She asked if i wanted to take the glucose test, i had taken it very early on in this pregnancy and passed with flying colors.. I said sure, i didnt mind.. it doesnt bother me at all. So i have to go in and do that one of these days.

She asked if i was having any conctractions. I said just the regular braxton hicks on and off. She asked if i was feeling baby move and i said yes. I asked for a list of the birthing and parenting classes. I think we will take infant saftey and cpr this time, we wanted to take it last time around, but didnt get a chance to..I think i will also take the breastfeeding one again and possibly the hospital tour one. I mean yes we have been there before, but it gives you a chance to pre register and pay for your admission. I think we will skip out on the baby care basics lol.. all that is still fresh in our minds.

She asked if I wanted to start coming every 2 weeks or do another 4 weeks.. i opted for the 2.. im a paranoid person..lol

That was pretty much it. The nurse scheduled every appointment until 10/27, every two weeks until 36 weeks when i start going weekly.. She scheduled me as far in advance as the computer would let her.. and they are all (except for one) with her!!!! Im very happy about that because i quite like her.


Oh and today the replacement pieces came for the baby bassinet we have.. So i set it all up and its all ready for baby. I just need to wash the bedding when its a little closer to my due date!

0 comments: