CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Determined

Okay, so im determined to do all i can to make breastfeeding work this time around. I think those nurses truly screwed me up.. and then i just let it go down hill. This time i will be taking control and not letting them push me around. Yes im young, but no im not a first time mom anymore. I know how to take care of a baby and im darn good at it!

I think I will be writing a birthing plan this time around, something i didnt do last time.

Also, im looking into joining a local La Leche League for support. I found a meeting that is for couples, which would be more comfortable for me..john is my support system. I already talked to him about it and he is willing to go with me. He knows that this is important to me.

I will also make sure to see the Lactation consultant in hospital, like i did last time, however this time around i will wait until i see her before taking any advice from the nurses. I also will see the lactation consultant frequently in the first few weeks, its a bit of a drive and parking is crazy, but its worth it.

Also, no bottles.. NONE.. I really believe thats one of the main things that screwed us up the first time and its not happening this time. I know that i can and will produce milk. I know that Colostrum is all that they need for the first few days.

Also if a bottle is for some reason needed, like in the situation of low blood sugar, i know they supplemental feeding systems you can use and i will use that.

And another important thing. This time around im not waiting on them to move me to feed my baby or to take him away to the nursery for hours. I WILL feed him before he is whisked away to the nursery (with my husband in tow of course) and I will be feeding him within the first hour of birth.

Sure there are things that could possibly go wrong to keep me from doing some of these things, but having goals is good. Im sticking to my guns this time.

2 comments:

MomOfDudes said...

Determination and desire are exactly what you need to be successful with nursing.

I am proud of you

My life said...

Thank you : )