CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Car Update

Okay, so they called. It will be 265 for the brakes, its the front.. While that doesnt seem like too much money.. My local mechanics quoted me 170, and told me he would keep it under 200... and while we may not get the car back as quickly, there is no reason to waste 100 bucks.. Plus this is a mechanic we trust. I felt bad having to tell them we were taking it somewhere else, im just like that... but i did.. I did have them change the air filter though, cause it was dirty. They wanted us to do a tune up, but the local mechanics said our car did not need one this soon.. its a 2008, with 29,000 miles on it.

I know i could change the filter myself, but i felt guilty..lol.. ugh.. my hubby should really do this stuff.. Im bad when it comes to this. And they will still be ordering the parts we need for the "chill zone" and we will have to take it in at a later date to fix that.

They are supposed to call me back once they have the tires back on the car. Im hoping its soon though, so i can get it into the mechanics to have it fixed by at least tomorrow.. hopefully the end of the day.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

29,000, or 2,900 miles? lol sorry just nosey :)

My life said...

LOL. thats okay. No i really meant 29,000 : ) We bought it used from a rental car place.. so it had about 24,000 on it when we bought it.